Care.Com - Backup Care
Are you a parent in a pinch, needing backup and emergency in-home care? If you are a benefits-eligible employee of Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH), Dana Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI), Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), McLean Hospital (MCL), Newton Wellesley Hospital (NWH), Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (MEEI), or Partners Corporate, we have you covered!
Care.Com - Backup Care is a service provided to benefits-eligible employees of the above-named hospitals and institutions.
In-home backup child care is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Child care providers are screened by Care.Com - Backup Care for references, criminal background, and health and safety training.
Please note: Effective January 1st, 2016, Care.com updated the way care is paid for; instead of paying the Caregiver directly, employees will pay the same hourly co-pay to Care.com, which will be charged to your credit card after the care has taken place.
About Our Services
Benefits-eligible BWH, DFCI, MGH, MCL, NWH, MEEI, and Partners Corporate employees may use this service at the corporate rate of $16 per hour; annual maximum's apply and vary by entity.
- To schedule care, call Care.Com - Backup Care directly at 855-781-1303.
- You may also request care online through the Care.Com - Backup Care Portal, accessible through www.care.com/backupcare, after registering.
As a benefits-eligible BWH, DFCI, MGH, MCL, NWH, MEEI, and Partners Corporate employee, you have access to a Care.Com - Backup Care Placement Specialist six days a week, on the following days and times:
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00am to 8:00pm.
- Friday: 7:00am to 5:00pm.
- Sunday: 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
When calling, please identify the entity for which you work and be prepared to provide your employee ID number. Please provide as much notice as possible; 24-hour notice is best.
For More Information
You may download these PDFs for more information about Care.Com - Backup Care:
- In-home child care please review the Care.Com - Backup Care Frequently Asked Questions
- Information on household employees
- Tips for working with a temporary caregiver
- Care.Com - Backup Care caregiver screening process
- Nanny Information and Assistance
- Background Checks for a nanny that you find on your own can be accessed through a membership with Care.com. Visit the Care.com Safety Center for more information.
- Nanny Placement assistance can be accessed through the Care.com Backup Care team. Placement fees vary depending on the position.
- You also are invited to visit the Care.Com - Backup Care website at www.care.com/backupcare
Partners offers a convenient shuttle service for its patients and employees.View the shuttle schedule
Connect to the Partners Pulse if you are a Partners employee.Visit the Intranet
Work at Partners
There are career opportunities in finance, I.T., administration, research and clinical support areas at Partners HealthCare and across the Partners system.