Role and Mission
The Office of Graduate Medical Education:
- provides core educational programming through workshops and retreats for trainees, program directors, and program staff;
- supports GME program improvement through internal reviews, accreditation-related activities, and the involvement of Education Specialists;
- addresses issues related to resident and fellow quality of life;
- supports the work of hospital and Partners education committees;
- provides forums for communication with internal constituencies and serves as the liaison to national organizations;
- collects, tracks, and reports a variety of data;
- works to optimize the Infrastructure for education;
- implements strategic initiatives to enhance educational quality and support trainees’ career development, such as the “Centers of Expertise” and the initiative to advance medical education related research.
This page was last updated on 3/7/2012.