We Call it Partners eCare. You’ll Call it Better Care.
At Partners HealthCare, nothing is more important than the quality of your care and making sure that each encounter you have throughout the Partners system is as pleasant as possible. To help us fulfill our mission of delivering high-quality, appropriate, affordable, and convenient care, all Partners member institutions are implementing a single, integrated electronic health record for our patients. This record works for you throughout the Partners system, so the doctors, nurses and other authorized caregivers that you see anywhere in the system can all share your health-related information through a common platform. We call it Partners eCare and are bringing new locations on board every few months through 2017.
Partners eCare, a single patient record on a shared system, may sound like a simple idea, but the benefits are significant. Partners eCare improves communication and coordination to provide you, the patient, with safer, higher-quality care and a better overall experience. It also enables your care team to better coordinate by sharing a greater amount of your important information quickly and efficiently. Partners eCare will also make our health system easily accessible--no matter where you receive care within the Partners system, all of your health information will be accessed by staff at that site.
All of this benefits you and your care team.
Shared Information to Help Your Care Team Help You
- A complete record means faster, safer diagnosis and treatment.
- Current documentation means your care team is kept up-to-date.
- Allergies, medications and medical history don’t have to be repeated.
- Shared results help avoid unnecessary tests.
- Consistent information means the best care at every Partners location.
Convenience You Will See and Feel
- Better coordination means easy transitions from inpatient to home care.
- Shared records offer you easy access to your own health care information.
- Online tools in Partners Patient Gateway make it easy to view and manage appointments, personal information, care instructions and medications.
- Fewer forms mean less paperwork to fill out; one time registration.
- One billing statement consolidates payments for services you receive across Partners locations.
Partners eCare is our largest ever single commitment to patient care. By coordinating the development of this system across all Partners institutions, we can ensure more consistent clinical and administrative practices that will enhance the quality, safety and affordability of your care.
Partners eCare is implementing Epic software. Epic is the nation’s leading provider of integrated health information technology spanning both clinical and business functions. Our version of Epic is unique to us and reflects our stringent quality, safety and efficiency standards. As more Partners sites join their clinical and administrative information through 2017, you will see and feel the difference in better communication, better coordination and better care.
How Partners eCare Works
Learn about how Partners eCare is improving communication and care coordination across our health care system.Expand